If your pet is going into boarding there are also a few things to know. Make your reservations on time, some pet boarding centres can fill up quickly especially in summer holiday periods or Christmas.
- Make a clear appointment on when you are bringing your pet in, and when you will be picking it up.
- When making the reservation ask for specific vaccination requirements. Every boarding facility has its own rules and regulations.
- For some boarding houses a registered microchip is also required. Please check this as well when making reservations for your pet.
- If your pet has a specific diet ask the facility if you can bring this yourself, or if they provide in special requirements.
- Leave the information of your veterinarian with the boarding house. Often they work together with their own veterinarian, but it can be useful to have aces to specific information about your pets health.
- Ask in advance what rules there are if extra costs have to be made.
- Leave your holiday address and phone number behind so you can be contacted in case of emergency during your holiday. \
- You can also leave a phone number of a friend or relative
- leave instruction about medication of applicable.